Jet skis, wave runners, para-sailing and other water vehicles are available for rent at several beachfront locations. The island is just seven miles long and a mere half-mile wide at the widest point. The star attraction is the beach itself known as the safest beach in the world, with no undertow and glistening white sand that slopes gently into the blue-green waters of the Gulf. You and your family can swim in comfort or stroll along the entire length of the island by its sparkling shores.
True tales have fishermen casting their eyes and rods toward the Gulf of Mexico. Most fishermen go out on party boats where captains take their passengers twenty to fifty miles off shore, where the water is deep and reefs attract a variety of fish that change with the seasons. Amberjack is found in the winter, while grouper and snapper are caught all year and Tarpon, March through May.
A number of marinas rent boats, if you prefer to stay closer to shore or the back bay mangrove islands. Visitors and residents hurry daily to the docks to enjoy and buy the local catches-of-the-day. Ft. Myers Beach is not only a fisherman's paradise, but a seafood lover's paradise as well.
If championship golf is your game, there are more than fifty wonderful courses in Lee County, most within driving distance. With this much competition, green fees and cart rentals are moderate. If you prefer tennis, there are several places on the island--Bay Beach Racquet Club and Bay Oaks to name two.
The national championship volleyball tournaments are held on our island every year.
Red Coconut RV Park on Fort Myers Beach is looking for an energetic, and professional guest service agent to join our team.
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first class hospitality and customer service to all guests and residents.
- Must be able to perform as a team member and an individual contributor.
- Making, Cancelling and Changing Reservations.
- Checking in arriving Guests and out Departing Guests.
- Handling guest payments in cash, counting change, balancing cash and credit cards.
- Provide information to guests on local attractions, restaurants and transportation.
- Ability in resolving customer complaints.
- Maintain daily report sheets and manage daily cash.
- Understand and enforce all park rules, policies, and procedures.
- Communicates professionally and with respect to office staff and maintenance department regularly to facilitate the effective flow of information throughout the company and any guest reported or observed problems.
- Ensuring the front desk and lobby areas remain clean, organized, and always ready to meet, greet, and, assist guest and residents.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Full-time Monday-Friday, at times may be required to cover shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
- Previous front office or hotel experience is required; 1+ year preferred.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- GED/High School Diploma required.
- Applicants must be proficient in using a computer.
- Strong attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Possess professional phone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Competitive Wage based on skills and experience.
Benefits including health insurance, dental, disability and 401K.
Parades & Festivals
2016 Fort Myers Beach Lions Club Shrimp Festival
The Fort Myers Beach Lion's Club hosts the 2016 Shrimp Festival will be March 12th-13th 2016.
The Shrimp Festival will kick off on March 12th with the Shrimp Festival Parade at 10:00 am followed by the Shrimp Boil and Festival at Lynn Hall Park. Check out the website for more details. They Lion's Club does an amazing fresh shrimp dinner!
Fort Myers Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade
March 17, 2016 10:00 am at Villa Santini Plaza. Check the Fort Myers Beach Newspapers as the date gets closer
July 4th Parade
Join your friends and neighbors for the July 4th Parade on Fort Myers Beach. The parade goes from Beach Elementary School to Lynn Hall Park.
Fireworks follow at sunset with a spectacular display over the Gulf of Mexico!
Pirate Festival-Fort Myers Beach
The Fort Myers Beach Pirate Festival is held each October over Columbus Day Weekend. Pirates roam Fort Myers Beach in traditional pirate garb looking for mates to walk the plank. The pirates tell stories, have a ship to shore battle. Join the Pirates Friday night for a pub crawl. Then on Saturday night break out your pirate best as you join the rowdy pirate crew at the Pirate ball. Look for next year's schedule.
Sand Castle Competition
The 28th Annual Sandsculpting Competition is slated for November 20th-29th 2015.
See Master Sandsculptor's from around the world create white sand sculptures that are inspired and sculpted into masterpieces. Try your hand at being a sculptor by putting a team together for the amateur competition or compete in the individual category. In addition to all you have to see, you can also learn from the masters. Join in the fun. For more information go to the Fort Myers Beach Sandsculpting website or check out the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce site.
Fort Myers Beach Swimming Pool
- Two story slide
- Lap Pool with hydraulic lift
- 20' wide Funbrellas
- 22,000 gallon Tad Pool Play area
- On site restaurant
- Activities center for babies and toddlers
- Variety of water and land based events and programming available throughout the year
Located one block off Estero Blvd (two blocks from the Red Coconut) beside Topps Grocery store.